Sunday, November 23, 2008

Diving in!


I've contemplated blogging for a long time and finally decided to dive right in and let the rest of the world in on our lives in St. Louis. Hope you enjoy the updates!

For those of you who know us, you probably know we're expecting our 3rd child (boy) in the next couple of days, so we'll keep you posted on his arrival. We'll be glad to have him finally join us. Maya keeps saying how she wants to change his diaper all by herself - but I'm sure that will be a different story once he's here.

Here's how that conversation went:
Maya, "I'm going to help you with the baby."
Me, "Great, how would you like to help?"
Maya, "I can dress him, feed him, bathe him, and change his diaper - I know how to change a diaper you know?"
Me, "You do?"
Maya, "Yeah, you just open the old diaper, wipe with a wipe and put a new diaper on."

Well, with Maya around, it seems like having a newborn will be a breeze at the Gensheer household. Somehow, I think she might have a hard time with the late night feedings!!

Chris and Maya have been negotiating over the name of our new baby boy, each one pulling for their favorite. Since Maya now wants a fish, instead of a doll house, for her upcoming birthday, Chris suggested she name her fish her favorite name instead of the baby. The response was classic for Maya: "No daddy, my fish will be a girl, and that's a boy name!"

We laugh a ton with our kids, and just with one another. As we step into yet another transition in our life, we're excited to see what new things God will teach us and how we'll grow to be more like Him.

2 comments:

Ken and Michelle said...

I'm so glad you have a blog!! Can't wait to see a pic of your new little man. Happy Thanksgiving.

Ali said...

Maggie,
I'm just saying it again, I'm so glad you have a blog!